Sunday, January 31, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it stop... (please)!

So...
I'm all for moisture!
And I'm sure I will love how green
the spring will be...
But enough is enough, already!!!
We had a couple (or 10) big storms
come through Colorado in the last month.
We got about 2 feet.
Seriously.
I drive a minivan.
I am SO getting a 4-wheel-drive
next time I get a car.
I drive around in constant fear
of getting stuck.
It's been fun for the kids, though.
(Hello, snow days!)
And, I'll admit, it IS pretty...
These shots with actual bare spots
on the ground are from the snow in December...

Josh's first time really playing in the snow...

He would much rather eat the snow than play in it.

Paige's pink snowman.
She would live outside, if I would let her...

Paige and Trey made a cave on our front lawn
with some of the snow we shoveled.
It was pretty cool!

It's definitely a winter wonderland.
(I need a trip to some beach, somewhere...)

2 comments:

emily said...

well i'm actually jealous. we've had a really, really lame winter. if it's going to be super-cold, we might as well have snow. but we haven't. :(

but you're almost done with winter - hold on!

Britt said...

After getting stuck 19 times and almost sliding into the back of a school bus, Jason and I switched cars for the winter.

Now everyday he says, "We have GOT to get a different car. This minivan is terrible in the snow!". Hello. I've been telling him that for 7 years.