I'm kind of starting to accept the fact that I'm old.
I have a baby boy that thinks he can
go places alone.
(And he actually can.)
He also thinks that his feet are bigger than mine.
(They are.)
He thinks he can cook an egg by himself.
(He can.)
Scrambled, of course. :)
And... get this....
He seriously thinks he's old enough to
go to middle school next year.
(I'm in denial.)
For his birthday this year,
Skyler opted out of a party and
decided to take a friend snowboarding instead.
He had a blast!
2 comments:
aw, very sweet. he is BIG! in a little-man way, of course.
i love his cake, too! how great. i bet it was a fantastic day for him. happy 11th!
I hear you.
A few months ago, I was carrying something heavy out to the garage and Skyler said, "Oh Mom! Let me take that for you." I stopped dead in my tracks and started to cry. I knew, in that moment, that some thing had changed. The dynamic of our relationship had shifted. He wasn't my baby any more. Things had changed irrevocably. He's growing up.
I love it and hate it at the same time.
Post a Comment