Thursday, July 16, 2009

What is a YURT?

A couple of weeks ago, Skyler, Trey, Paige and I
went on a little trip to visit Aunt Sasha in
PORTLAND!!!
We've never been there, so it was extra exciting!
And also extra exciting.... riding in a small airplane to Denver,
and then a BIG airplane to Portland.
WOO-HOO!


And this is what we saw...
On our way to the BEACH!!!

I am terrified of flying...

But put the word "beach" in the plan,

And I can fly anywhere!

Nevermind that the water was frigid.

Seriously.... the kind that HURTS...


The kids played for FOUR hours the first day,

and SEVEN the next.
They're insane.

But very HAPPY insane people!

After the second day on the beach. :)


And now..... the YURT.

What IS a yurt????

THIS is a yurt.

Awsome.

These roots... not part of the yurt, but very weird, too.


We actually got a fire going! Yay! Bring on the s'mores!

And the fire warriors.

What a great trip!

Thank you so much Aunt Sasha!!!! We love you!!!!

5 comments:

JJLanier said...

What a fun trip! I am a wimp when it comes to cold water- but the beach looks nice.
you seriously have the cutest kids!

oodlesofoversons said...

That looks SO nice!!! I love that kids don't really care how cold the water is...they just play and are happy to be doing something outside!

Hatch's said...

Wow! Tha is a nice yurt with a front porch...My dad wants to live in one of those behind his house someday! Your kids are so cute...(you too)!

emily said...

super, super, super fun! your kids are absolutely beautiful. wow. not a big surprise, though. :)

i love yurts! so fun.

definitely worth flying there. :)

Britt said...

how fun! i love the picture of the three of them asleep. precious. how were YOU still awake? you're amazing.