My grandma (we call her Mamo) LOVES Lake Powell.
She really, REALLY wanted to go this summer.
So I packed up the kids and went....
alone.
(Jeremy had to work)
Yikes.
We met my brother and sister there,
as well as an aunt and uncle and various cousins.
And we had a swell time. :)
Here's Mamo and Paige. Cute!
And here's Josh.
He's not too sure that he wants to be in this lake.
My little brother... driving the boat and thinking he's the king of this place.
And my boys just drinking it all in.
(Kasey's coolness... not the lake...I hope...)
Kasey's friend, Corey, teaching Skyler (successfully, I might add)
to Wakeboard!
Go Skyler!!!!
He got up on his second try.
Holy Moly.
And, this is the ONLY way I could get Josh to take a nap.
Lay him on the raft and kick around for awhile.
Worked like a charm.
Come on, Mom!
Take the picture so we can get moving, already!
And the final shot.
Josh is super tired and I literally made them get out of the car
so that I could take
one
last
picture. :)
Now...
The story of how Paige got her name....
I was about 27 weeks pregnant.
We went to Lake Powell with Mamo.
We had a houseboat this time and ALL the humungo family was there.
Fun in the sun all day...
Waverunners... Boating... Sandcastles... Contractions....
It got late and they wouldn't stop.
So my uncle calls the coast guard.
And even THEY can't drive a boat in this darkness.
So, they had to bring in the helicopter.
Yes... the HELICOPTER.
Land it on our sliver of a beach.
Sand flying... Lights flashing...
People sleeping on the roof of the houseboat thinking
they are waking to an alien invasion...
Giving the neighbor houseboats a great midnight show,
complete with pregnant woman on a gurney,
flying away in a helicopter.
I bet they're still talking about it. :)
We flew off into the starry night...
To Page, Arizona.
She wasn't born there,
but we thought that the name "Paige" would be fitting.
Paige in Page. :)
4 comments:
looks like a super fun time! and bravo for going solo with 4 kids. holy moly indeed.
and that's fun about paige and page - i remember you telling me that a while ago. so cute.
I didn't know about the Lake Powell helicopter, what a story. Yikes! I just remember you having the craziest, hardest pregnancies ever. I'm blown away that you have 4 kids with what you had to go through. You rock.
I remember that so well. How cute that you took the picture there for her to know her story!
I wish we could have made it. I still can't believe we didn't hear anything. We will definitly be there next year.
Post a Comment