Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Leopard Sharks

What is that?
Is that a..... SHARK???

Skyler, Trey and Paige have joined the swim team.
They are Leopard Sharks!
They had their first swim meet a few weeks ago here in Cortez.

It's customary to draw on your children with permanent marker
prior to racing.
I suppose it makes them faster or something.
(At least that's what the kids told me!)
:)
So, the above picture is of Skyler.
(From behind, of course,
because that's all the other swimmers are going to see!)

Trey wanted to add the "Eat my bubbles". Cute. And not at all cocky. :)

And Paige's had to be pink. Of course. To match her shorts that say,
"SWIM LIKE A GIRL"



Skyler did a 100m freestyle and a 50m backstroke.




And Trey got to race right next to Skyler in the 50m backstroke.





Paige did a 25m backstroke and a 100m freestyle relay.



We were so proud of them! They swam so hard!!!
You guys did awsome!


And now I need a nap.


Go Leopard Sharks!!!

6 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

That is so fun!! Nice drawings...seriously impressed!

The Yarbrough Clan said...

What fun! When I first saw the title "Sharks" I was afraid that you saw one in the ocean with Sasha! Do they even live in that ocean? Don't tell anyone I asked you that! Miss ya!

Holly Child said...

Hey Raedene -- I don't know if you remember us (Holly and Jeff Child -- from Ft. Collins), but I came across your blog through Andrea Overson's. Just wanted to say hi and tell you that your kids are ADORABLE!!! Looks like you guys are doing well!! :o)

Holly Child
www.hollychild.typepad.com

Holly Child said...

I'm glad you gotta check out our blog! Thanks for comment about my kiddies!!

We're here in Parker, CO. It's our second time living here. After having Zoe and moving away from Ft. Collins, we went down to Littleton for about a year. Then moved to Parker for a little more than a year that time. We then moved to TX for 4 years and have been back in Parker since June 2007!! We love it here and are glad to be back!! Glad you guys are loving Cortez too! :o)

Emily said...

Who is the artist? I love it. Fun that they all get to be on the same swim team. I love Josh with the goggles on!

THE COLLETT FAMILY!! said...

Raedene! Your little family is so cute and those kids have so much personality!! We are coming down next week... I can't wait to see you!