Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bee Gee

-Bee Gee-
August 1998-November 2010

Bee Gee came into our family in 1998.
Jeremy and I were newly married.
He was our first "baby".

His favorite thing in the whole wide
world was his tennis ball.
We would play fetch with him for hours
on end. Skyler LOVED to throw the ball for
Bee Gee and would laugh hysterically
when Bee Gee would bring it back
and drop it on his lap.

His next favorite thing was to run outside.
He ran with me every day.
When I trained for my marathon,
he was right there with me.
Once he went 12 miles.
Awsome!

Jeremy would argue that he loved to eat,
more than he loved to run.
I guess that may have been true...
He loved his food!
He even learned tricks in order to get treats.
"Sit."
"Lay down."
"Roll over."
"Beg."
In that order.
Only in that order.
You didn't even have to tell him what was next!

He was the best dog ever.
He was so patient and gentle with the kids.
Even as they poked and prodded and pulled.
He never once snapped at them.
He loved his "kids" so much...

One of Skyler's first phrases was, "Good boy, Bee Gee!"
And he was.
A good, good dog.
We miss him so much!
There will never be another Bee Gee.
We were lucky to have him in our family.

5 comments:

emily said...

oh how sad. :( i totally remember bee gee. he sounds like a perfect dog. i'm sure he'll be so very missed. it's hard losing animals, but i guess it's a great teaching and growing lesson for our children. good luck the next few weeks; i'm sure they'll be tough.

at least you got memories and lots of cute pictures, i'm sure. :)

Kiffany Veach said...

I am so crying right now!! I feel your pain, but no new puppy for Christmas???? Maybe later :) :)

YouHaveHowMany? said...

OH! :( I am so sad. I LOVED Bee Gee and I am NOT a dog person! :( He really was perfect for your family. Give your kiddies an extra squeeze from me, even though they don't have a clue to who I am. :( Hugs to you too Rae!

Emily said...

So sad to hear. What a great picture with all of your kids and that sweet dog!

Britt said...

I'm so sorry. We're big dog people here. We get it. It's so sad. I hope you're all doing okay.