Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun Run

Every May all the elementary schools in our area gather
their fourth and fifth graders for a fun run.
It's a one mile race through the park.
They train all spring for it.
And, unlike in the OLD days when I did it,
they actually have to qualify for it by running a mile under ten minutes.
It was Skyler's first year and he was ready!
(And maybe a TINY bit nervous... he's the one wringing his hands and looking like he's going to lose his breakfast)


He held his pace really well and made a big finish with a crazy-fast time of
6 minutes and 21 seconds!
Woo-hoo!!!
He got 13th place, and just missed getting a ribbon...
But he sure had FUN!!!
Because, that is, after all, the whole POINT of a FUN RUN!!!

"Come ON, Mother! Can't you see I can't even breath, let alone smile for a picture? SERIOUSLY????"

(complete with dramatic eye-roll)

Love it! :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

6:21? Yikes, he must get those fast genes from his mom. I love the pic of Trey with the flag, what a heart breaker. Cute, cute kiddos.

oodlesofoversons said...

That "runs" in the family, doesn't it?? I cannot believe how much our kids have grown since the good old days at CSU!

emily said...

are you kidding me!? wow, that's fast. nice job!