Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthdays and chairs that can move...

So... I have a really, really good excuse for not posting in forever! My camera screen is broken, so I'm taking "blind" pictures... which I am decidedly NOT good at! (As you will soon see...) My apologies for the long gap between blogs and to those who may or may not be included in these broken camera pictures. But birthdays must be captured, (and cute Josh moments, too), so the picture taking must go on,
camera or not...



Here, a "cute Josh moment"....

Josh is playing away, and I'm going about my daily duties as mom. And then... I'm not hearing him... which, as we mother's know, is not usually a good thing. So I'm looking high and low and then I hear a little giggle, from under the table. He's found a new chair! And one that moves! For a boy who has no desire to walk, a chair that can move him around is a great discovery indeed! :)




March is big birthday month in our house! First off is mine! And sweet Jeremy (still earning those free flights) booked us a weekend trip (alone- thank you, Grandmas!) to Monterey, CA, my favorite place. I'm pretty sure that this is the best present EVER! We rented bikes and rode the coastal bike trail, and sat and listened to the waves crash against the rocks... Aahhhh...


Note: These are real pictures taken by a broken camera, nonetheless. Can you imagine how gorgeous they would be with a non-broken one?




I wish I could have stayed longer.... *sigh*



And now, the newest and only double-digit kid in our house! (What!?#@! I am NOT that old!!!) I guess I am, cause Skyler wouldn't agree to remain 9 for just one more year...

And so, he turned the big 1-0. Craziness! And he couldn't be happier about it!


We had a swim party at the rec center.
(which our photographer unfortunately failed to get a picture of... she should be fired!)

And then came to Skyler's house to play outside and eat Harry Potter Quidditch cake.
What great friends he has! We had so much fun!
Happy Birthday, Skyler!



5 comments:

Hatch's said...

If Skyler stays in the single digits for one more year, does Trey get to move up or does he stay too? b/c they would both be the same in a couple months...haha LOL

YouHaveHowMany? said...

Monterrey!! Good for you! It is magical being able to go away for away and be an adult again. Happy Birthday to you and Skyler! You ARE old! 10!! So fun!

Britt said...

I think you make GREAT broken-camera pictures. I'm so jealous of your California trip. You two deserved that!

I'm so sorry that we missed Skyler's birthday party, but not as sorry as my son was. He was really bummed that he couldn't come. :( Thank you for the invite.

oodlesofoversons said...

first of all, sorry about your camera! Second of all...LOVE Monterey. My friend is married to Johhny Miller's son and we've been to their "beach house" twice...i love it there...good for you and ahppy birthday. Third, if Skyler is 10, that means Syd is fast approaching...scary. He had a swim party for his first bday, too...I remember!

Emily said...

Way to go Jeremy on the CA trip. Looks wonderful.