Sunday, November 21, 2010

Amazing Eight

Paige has turned eight years old!
She has been planning her party since
last year, when she turned seven. :)
She chose to go to the rec center and swim....

Then have ice cream cupcakes....

And, as luck would have it, the Homecoming Parade
was on that day, so we got to watch a parade, too!

Paige's birthday extended over a week long.
First, the party,
then her actual birthDAY,
then her baptism day.
Here she is on her birthday,
at Trey's football game...
scrapbooking.
(one of her buddies gave her the CUTEST scrapbook!)
There's a preface for the next picture.
She says, "Mom. I need a picture of me on my actual
eighth birthday and then you can put it on your blog."
Actual birthday pic, coming up!!!
And, now....
The day Paige has been waiting for since
she was four years old...
Baptism Day!!!
She looks gorgeous!
She's just glowing with excitement!
(a pretty dress helps, too) :)
Here she is with her Daddy.

And her family.

She asked Grandma Patti and Grandma Nae to talk.
They did a beautiful job.
I'm so proud of my little girl making the choice
to be baptized. She fully embraced the occasion
and took it very seriously.
It was amazing.



We had cake afterwards.
It was her choice to have "the cake"
at her baptism rather than her party.
So sweet.
She designed it herself. Complete with
instructions on the ice cream flavors
and a drawing for me to follow. :)

Nothing is cuter than girls twirling in their pretty dresses.


Amazing, wondrous eight...

8 comments:

emily said...

amazing is right! what a great celebration for sweet paige. she looks like such a doll!

Anne said...

Oh what a cutie. And good job on the cake, cracks me up that she gave you instructions on how to make it!

Anne said...

Sorry that was Emily Redmon, not Anne!!

Britt said...

Yup, she IS amazing!

The Yarbrough Clan said...

She looks so beautiful. We're so bummed we didn't make it. Loved the cakes!

oodlesofoversons said...

So cute!! I can't believe how old our kids are getting!!! Yikes! And yes, I LOVE your background! ;)

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! She looks gorgeous and you guys look so happy! I love how her birthday lasted a week!!! She must have just thoroughly enjoyed that :)

Linda said...

Congratulations- I can't believe you have 2 kids 8 and up now!
I'd love to get your address and send you a Christmas card. Email me at lindasimpson at bellsouth dot net. I'm lame and am not on facebook yet, but someday I'll get on there! I hope to hear from you soon!