We need a beginning to our story, so here we go...
Jeremy and I are now living in Cortez, Colorado. We're really enjoying it here. Jeremy is working at Pioneer Printing with his dad and will be opening a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory/Coldstone Creamery in the spring. Chocolate and ice cream?!? A dream come true! He's serving in the bishopric over the youth. And, in his spare time, teaches unicycling, coaches all the kids sports teams, is our elementary school's mascot (Kelly the Cougar), and co-chairs the PTA with me!
As for me, I am staying at home with our four lovely children. (Which, as we all know, is the equivalent of 4 full time jobs... right ladies?)I am the resident chef, chauffeur, laundress, babysitter, and maid. I am serving in the Primary presidency at church. And, as I mentioned, doing alot for the PTA. I'm starting to get back into running, but not as much as I would like... (I was on bedrest with Joshua for 4 months and it did a number on me! Or... it could just be age.... )
Skyler is nine years old! I cannot believe it! He's on the swim team this year and really likes it. He won his first race a couple of weeks ago. The 50 backstroke. He's in 4th grade and recently got his own locker. He started piano this year and is doing an amazing job! Don't even ask about girls, cause Mama still says they have BAD germs... He loves to read Harry Potter and ride his unicycle.
Trey is eight years old. He got baptized this May. So exciting! He's our football fanatic. He collects football cards, takes his football to school every day to play at recess, and was the speedy star of the flag football team this fall. Next year-tackle.... Heaven help us! He does piano, as well... and he's awsome! He is in 3rd grade and top of his class. Actually, top of the grade (he makes sure that we get that right).
Paige is our princess. She is now 6 years old. Crazy! She is doing a dance class this year, which she LOVES! She'll have her recital in the spring. She is in Kindergarten and can't wait to be full day next year. She is my little shadow and is such a great helper! She loves to cook and help with the housework and with Josh. (We'll see how long that lasts!)
And finally, Joshua J. He was born January 12th of this year. It all started with a "dream" that Jeremy had about another little boy just waiting to join us... But what a blessing (despite all my grumbling about being pregnant)... Josh is the sweetest, happiest baby ever! He is such a joy! He was a month early, so a bit behind on his crawling... (Fine by me! I don't have the cabinet locks on yet!) But he has Trey's determined personality and I don't think it will be long before he's all over the house. We call him "happy feet" because he's always kicking and smiling (like the little dancing penguin on the movie).
We're having so much fun together and loving every minute! (Well... most of the minutes!) :)
Well~ There you have it..... The Beginning......
3 comments:
Raedene! Hello. What a fun surprise to see your bright beautiful face. And your adorable little fam. I didn't know you had #4...all because of Jeremy's "dream". That one made me laugh, he better be careful what he dreams if it entails 4 months of bed rest. Yikes. You are so brave to do that again.
Do you ever come up to FC? We would love to see you all. Keep in touch.
Thanks for leaving a comment so now I can read your blog and know what's up with you guys! Love you guys!
Oh my heck, I was checking out Monica's blog tonight and saw your name and I knew it had to be the same sweet family I knew back in 1st ward (CLP) in Fort Collins. Your family has grown so and all are completely adorable!
Best wishes and Merry Christmas, DeeDee
Post a Comment